Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Two-year outcomes of vagal nerve blocking (vBloc) for the treatment of obesity in the ReCharge trial.Obes Surg. 2017; 27: 169-176
- High-frequency electrical nerve block for postamputation pain: a pilot study.Neuromodulation. 2015; 18: 197-205
- Pudendal nerve stimulation and block by a wireless-controlled implantable stimulator in cats.Neuromodulation. 2014; 17: 490-496
- Low pressure voiding induced by a novel implantable pudendal nerve stimulator.Neurourol Urodyn. 2019; 38: 1241-1249
- Transcutaneously coupled, high-frequency electrical stimulation of the pudendal nerve blocks external urethral sphincter contractions.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2009; 23: 615-626
- Simulation analysis of conduction block in unmyelinated axons induced by high-frequency biphasic electrical currents.IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2005; 52: 1323-1332
- Mechanism of nerve conduction block induced by high-frequency biphasic electrical currents.IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2006; 53: 2445-2454
- Post-stimulation block of frog sciatic nerve by high-frequency (kHz) biphasic stimulation.Med Biol Eng Comput. 2017; 55: 585-593
- Poststimulation block of pudendal nerve conduction by high-frequency (kHz) biphasic stimulation in cats.Neuromodulation. 2020; 23: 747-753
- Pudendal nerve block by low-frequency (≤1 kHz) biphasic electrical stimulation.Neuromodulation. 2021; 24: 1012-1017
- Temporary persistence of conduction block after prolonged kilohertz frequency alternating current on rat sciatic nerve.J Neural Eng. 2018; 15016012
- Modeling the excitability of mammalian nerve fibers: influence of afterpotentials on the recovery cycle.J Neurophysiol. 2002; 87: 995-1006
- A quantitative description of membrane current and its application to conduction and excitation in nerve.J Physiol. 1952; 117: 500-544
- Modeling axon membranes for functional electrical stimulation.IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 1993; 40: 1201-1209
- Analysis of models for extracellular fiber stimulation.IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 1989; 36: 676-682
- Elementary differential equations and boundary value problems.6th ed. Wiley, New York1997: 436-457
- Submyelin potassium accumulation may functionally block subsets of local axons during deep brain stimulation: a modeling study.J Neural Eng. 2008; 5: 263-274
- Simulation of high-frequency sinusoidal electrical block of mammalian myelinated axons.J Comput Neurosci. 2007; 22: 313-326
- Dynamics and sensitivity analysis of high-frequency conduction block.J Neural Eng. 2011; 8065007
- The after-effects of impulses in the giant nerve fibres of Loligo.J Physiol. 1956; 131: 341-376
- The use of direct current to cause selective block of large fibers in peripheral nerves.Br J Anaesth. 1975; 47: 1123-1133
- The influence of sodium-free solutions on the membrane potential of frog muscle fibers.J Gen Physiol. 1963; 47: 117-132
- Modeling repetitive firing and bursting in a small unmyelinated nerve fiber.Biophys J. 1981; 35: 715-730
- Potassium fluxes in dialyzed squid axons.J Gen Physiol. 1969; 53: 704-740
- Electrogenic sodium pump in nerve and muscle cells.Physiol Rev. 1972; 52: 563-594
- The ionic content of mammalian non-myelinated nerve fibres and its alteration as a result of electrical activity.J Physiol. 1968; 196: 223-236
Source(s) of financial support: This study was funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke under grants R01NS109198 and R41NS115460.
Conflict of Interest: Dr Changfeng Tai is an inventor of a patent application related to this study. The other authors have no conflicts of interest.