Background and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dorsal root ganglion stimulation yielded higher treatment success rate for complex regional pain syndrome and causalgia at 3 and 12 months: a randomized comparative trial.Pain. 2017; 158: 669-681
- Safety analysis of dorsal root ganglion stimulation in the treatment of chronic pain.Neuromodulation. 2020; 23: 239-244
- Retrospective analysis of complications associated with dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain relief in the FDA MAUDE database.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2019; 44: 100-106
- Effectiveness and safety of dorsal root ganglion stimulation for the treatment of chronic pain: a pooled analysis.Neuromodulation. 2020; 23: 213-221
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2535
- Methodological quality and synthesis of case series and case reports.BMJ Evid Based Med. 2018; 23: 60-63
- GRADE guidelines: 1. Introduction-GRADE evidence profiles and summary of findings tables.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 383-394
- Effectiveness of “Transgrade” epidural technique for dorsal root ganglion stimulation. A retrospective, single-center, case series for chronic focal neuropathic pain.Pain Physician. 2019; 22: 601-611
- Dorsal root ganglion (DRG) stimulation in the treatment of phantom limb pain (PLP).Neuromodulation. 2015; 18: 610-616
- Retrospective case series on the treatment of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy with dorsal root ganglion stimulation.Neuromodulation. 2018; 21: 787-792
- Selective L4 dorsal root ganglion stimulation evokes pain relief and changes of inflammatory markers: Part I profiling of saliva and serum molecular patterns.Neuromodulation. 2019; 22: 44-52
- Dorsal root ganglion stimulation for chronic pelvic pain: a case series and technical report on a novel lead configuration.Neuromodulation. 2019; 22: 87-95
- Stimulation of the L2-L3 dorsal root ganglia induces effective pain relief in the low back.Pain Pract. 2018; 18: 205-213
- Evaluating dorsal root ganglion stimulation in a prospective Dutch cohort.Neuromodulation. 2019; 22: 80-86
- One-year outcomes of spinal cord stimulation of the dorsal root ganglion in the treatment of chronic neuropathic pain.Neuromodulation. 2015; 18: 41-48
- Dorsal root ganglion stimulation used for the treatment of chronic neuropathic pain in the groin: a single-center study with long-term prospective results in 34 cases.Neuromodulation. 2017; 20: 753-760
- Spinal cord stimulator implant infection rates and risk factors: a multicenter retrospective study.Neuromodulation. 2017; 20: 558-562
- Surgical and hardware complications of deep brain stimulation-a single surgeon experience of 519 cases over 20 years.Neuromodulation. 2021; (2022;25:895-903)
- Deep brain stimulation-related surgical site infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neuromodulation. 2021; 24: 197-211
- Spinal cord stimulator related infections: findings from a multicenter retrospective analysis of 2737 implants.Neuromodulation. 2017; 20: 553-557
- Cost-effectiveness of dorsal root ganglion stimulation or spinal cord stimulation for complex regional pain syndrome.Neuromodulation. 2020; (2021;24:708-718.)
Source(s) of financial support: No financial support was provided for this manuscript.
Conflict of Interest: Dermot P. Maher is a consultant for Boston Scientific. Jonathan M. Hagedorn is a consultant for Abbott, Boston Scientific, and Nevro. Markus A. Bendel has received funding from Nevro to conduct a clinical trial. The other authors declare no conflicts of interest.