Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Learnings from 30 years of reported efficacy and safety of vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) for epilepsy treatment: a critical review.Seizure. 2020; 83: 104-123
- A prospective long-term study on the outcome after vagus nerve stimulation at maximally tolerated current intensity in a cohort of children with refractory secondary generalized epilepsy.Neuromodulation. 2013; 16 ([discussion: 556]): 551-556
- Brain-responsive neurostimulation in patients with medically intractable mesial temporal lobe epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 994-1004
- Long-term efficacy and safety of thalamic stimulation for drug-resistant partial epilepsy.Neurology. 2015; 84: 1017-1025
- Electrical stimulation of the centromedian thalamic nucleus in control of seizures: long-term studies.Epilepsia. 1995; 36: 63-71
- Seizure outcome during bilateral, continuous, thalamic centromedian nuclei deep brain stimulation in patients with generalized epilepsy: a prospective, open-label study.Seizure. 2020; 81: 304-309
- Long-term deep brain stimulation for refractory temporal lobe epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2005; 46: 98-99
- Long-term seizure outcome during continuous bipolar hippocampal deep brain stimulation in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy with or without mesial temporal sclerosis: an observational, open-label study.Epilepsia. 2021; 62: 190-197
- The role of neuromodulation of the hippocampus in the treatment of intractable complex partial seizures of the temporal lobe.Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2007; 97: 329-332
- Electrical stimulation of the anterior nucleus of thalamus for treatment of refractory epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2010; 51: 899-908
- Responsive cortical stimulation for the treatment of medically intractable partial epilepsy.Neurology. 2011; 77: 1295-1304
- Seizure outcome after hippocampal deep brain stimulation in patients with refractory temporal lobe epilepsy: a prospective, controlled, randomized, double-blind study.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 1728-1733
- Deep brain stimulation targeting in refractory epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 80-84
- Anterior nucleus of the thalamus deep brain stimulation with concomitant vagus nerve stimulation for drug-resistant epilepsy.Neurosurgery. 2021; 89: 686-694
- The role of anterior thalamic deep brain stimulation as an alternative therapy in patients with previously failed vagus nerve stimulation for refractory epilepsy.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2019; 97: 176-182
- Comparison of efficiency between VNS and ANT-DBS therapy in drug-resistant epilepsy: a one year follow up study.J Clin Neurosci. 2021; 90: 112-117
- Similarities between the responses to ANT-DBS and prior VNS in refractory epilepsy.Brain Behav. 2018; 8e00983
- Short-term changes in cortical physiological arousal measured by electroencephalography during thalamic centromedian deep brain stimulation.Epilepsia. 2021; 62: 2604-2614
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Source(s) of financial support: The authors reported no funding sources.
Conflict of Interest: The authors reported no conflict of interest.