Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Fact Sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.(Accessed August 20, 2022)https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Complex-Regional-Pain-Syndrome-Fact-Sheet#How%20is%20CRPS%20treated?
- Spinal cord stimulation in patients with chronic reflex sympathetic dystrophy.N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 618-624
- A prospective, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to examine the effectiveness of burst spinal cord stimulation patterns for the treatment of failed back surgery syndrome.Neuromodulation. 2014; 17: 443-450
- Burst spinal cord stimulation evaluated in patients with failed back surgery syndrome and painful diabetic neuropathy.Neuromodulation. 2014; 17: 152-159
- Dorsal root ganglion stimulation yielded higher treatment success rate for complex regional pain syndrome and causalgia at 3 and 12 months: a randomized comparative trial.Pain. 2017; 158: 669-681
- Therapy habituation at 12 months: spinal cord stimulation versus dorsal root ganglion stimulation for complex regional pain syndrome type I and II.J Pain. 2020; 21: 399-408
- The role of the dorsal root ganglion in the development of neuropathic pain.Pain Med. 2014; 15: 1669-1685
- Dorsal root ganglion (DRG) and chronic pain.Anesth Pain Med. 2021; 11e113020
- Unique characteristics of the dorsal root ganglion as a target for neuromodulation.Pain Med. 2019; 20: S23-S30
- Neuromodulation of the cervical dorsal root ganglion for upper extremity complex regional pain syndrome—case report.Neuromodulation. 2015; 18: 765-768
- Cervical and high-thoracic dorsal root ganglion stimulation in chronic neuropathic pain.Neuromodulation. 2019; 22: 951-955
- Proposed new diagnostic criteria for complex regional pain syndrome.Pain Med. 2007; 8: 326-331
- The relationship between the cervical spinal canal diameter and the pathological changes in the cervical spine.Eur Spine J. 2009; 18: 877-883https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-009-0968-y
- Effect of patient characteristics on clinical outcomes more than 12 months following dorsal root ganglion stimulation implantation: a retrospective review.Neuromodulation. 2021; 24: 695-699
- Three-year outcomes after dorsal root ganglion stimulation in the treatment of neuropathic pain after peripheral nerve injury of upper and lower extremities.Neuromodulation. 2021; 24: 700-707
- Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale.Pain. 2001; 94: 149-158
- Human dorsal root ganglion stimulation reduces sympathetic outflow and long-term blood pressure.JACC Basic Transl Sci. 2020; 5: 973-985
- T12 dorsal root ganglion stimulation to treat chronic low back pain: a case series.Neuromodulation. 2020; 23: 203-212
- The Neurostimulation Appropriateness Consensus Committee (NACC): recommendations on best practices for cervical neurostimulation.Neuromodulation. 2022; 25: 35-52
- Dorsal root ganglion stimulation device explantation: a multicenter pooled data analysis.Pain Pract. 2022; 22: 522-531
- Retrospective analysis of complications associated with dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain relief in the FDA MAUDE database.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2019; 44: 100-106
- Safety analysis of dorsal root ganglion stimulation in the treatment of chronic pain.Neuromodulation. 2020; 23: 239-244
- Positions of dorsal root ganglia in the cervical spine. An anatomic and clinical study.Spine. 1996; 21: 1513-1517
- Neuromonitoring protocol for spinal cord stimulator cases with case descriptions.Int J Acad Med. 2016; 2: 132-144
- Frequency dependency of therapeutic efficacy in dorsal root ganglion stimulation for neuropathic pain.Acta Neurochir. 2022; 164: 1193-1199
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Source(s) of financial support: The authors reported no funding sources.
Conflict of Interest: Timothy R. Lubenow reports personal fees from Abbott Laboratories during the conduct of the study and personal fees from Boston Scientific Corporation, Nevro Corporation, Medtronic, Inc, Avanos Medical, and Flowonix Medical outside the work of the study. The remaining authors report no conflict of interest.