Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Minimizing brain shift during functional neurosurgical procedures—a simple burr hole technique that can decrease CSF loss and intracranial air.Cent Eur Neurosurg. 2011; 72: 181-185
- Brain shift: an error factor during implantation of deep brain stimulation electrodes.J Neurosurg. 2007; 107: 989-997
- Lead-DBS v2: towards a comprehensive pipeline for deep brain stimulation imaging.NeuroImage. 2019; 184: 293-316
- Automated optimization of subcortical cerebral MR imaging—atlas coregistration for improved postoperative electrode localization in deep brain stimulation.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2009; 30: 1914-1921
- Learning intervention-induced deformations for non-rigid MR-CT registration and electrode localization in epilepsy patients.NeuroImage Clin. 2016; 10: 291-301https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nicl.2015.12.001
- Accuracy of intraoperative computed tomography during deep brain stimulation procedures: comparison with postoperative magnetic resonance imaging.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2017; 95: 183-188
- Validation of CT-MRI fusion for intraoperative assessment of stereotactic accuracy in DBS surgery.Mov Disord. 2014; 29: 1788-1795
- Accuracy of postoperative computed tomography and magnetic resonance image fusion for assessing deep brain stimulation electrodes.Neurosurgery. 2011; 69 ([discussion: 214]): 207-214
- CT and MRI image fusion error: an analysis of co-registration error using commercially available deep brain stimulation surgical planning software.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2021; 99: 196-202
- Registration accuracy of CT/MRI fusion for localisation of deep brain stimulation electrode position: an imaging study and systematic review.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2016; 94: 159-163
- CT/MR image fusion in the postoperative assessment of electrodes implanted for deep brain stimulation.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2009; 87: 205-210
- Segmentation of fused MR and CT images using DL-CNN with PGK and NLEM filtered AACGK-FCM.Biomed Signal Process Control. 2021; 68102618https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2021.102618
- Whole brain segmentation and labeling from CT using synthetic MR images.in: Wang Q. Shi Y. Suk H.I. Suzuki K. Machine Learning in Medical Imaging. Springer International Publishing, 2017: 291-298https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67389-9_34
- Multiclass brain tissue segmentation in 4D CT using convolutional neural networks.IEEE Access. 2019; 7: 51557-51569https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2910348
- The application of deep convolutional neural networks to brain cancer images: a survey.J Pers Med. 2020; 10: 224
- Deep learning from MRI-derived labels enables automatic brain tissue classification on human brain CT.NeuroImage. 2021; 244118606https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2021.118606
- Segmenting the brain surface from CT images with artifacts using locally oriented appearance and dictionary learning.IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2019; 38: 596-607https://doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2018.2868045
- The dentato-rubro-thalamic tract as the potential common deep brain stimulation target for tremor of various origin: an observational case series.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2020; 162: 1053-1066
- Tractography-assisted deep brain stimulation of the superolateral branch of the medial forebrain bundle (slMFB DBS) in major depression.NeuroImage Clin. 2018; 20: 580-593
- Automatic segmentation of the subthalamic nucleus: a viable option to support planning and visualization of patient-specific targeting in deep brain stimulation.Oper Neurosurg (Hagerstown). 2019; 17: 497-502
- Bilateral globus pallidus internus deep brain stimulation in a case of progressive dystonia in mohr-tranebjaerg syndrome with bilateral cochlear implants.J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg. 2019; 80: 44-48
- A reproducible evaluation of ANTs similarity metric performance in brain image registration.Neuroimage. 2011; 54: 2033-2044
- 3D U-Net: learning dense volumetric segmentation from sparse annotation.in: International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention. Springer, 2016: 424-432
- SPM12 Manual.Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging, 2014
- Unbiased average age-appropriate atlases for pediatric studies.Neuroimage. 2011; 54: 313-327
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Source(s) of financial support: The authors reported no funding sources.
Conflict of Interest: Peter C. Reinacher has a consulting agreement with BrainLab, Inomed, and Boston Scientific. Elias Kellner has a consulting agreement with Ceregate and Inbrain. Elias Kellner, Timo S. Brugger, Bastian E.A. Sajonz, and Volker A. Coenen have received honoraria from Boston Scientific. The remaining authors reported no conflict of interest.