Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiological, humanistic, and economic burden of illness of lower limb spasticity in adults: a systematic review.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2014; 10: 111-122
- A review of spasticity treatments: pharmacological and interventional approaches.Crit Rev Phys Rehabil Med. 2013; 25: 11-22
- Spasticity after spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2005; 43: 577-586
- Use of intrathecal baclofen therapy in ambulant children and adolescents with spasticity and dystonia of cerebral origin: a systematic review.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2011; 53: 885-895
- Efficacy and safety of oral baclofen in the management of spasticity: a rationale for intrathecal baclofen.J Rehabil Med. 2017; 49: 193-203
- Intrathecal baclofen therapy-practical approach: clinical benefits and complication management.J Child Neurol. 2018; 33: 734-741
- Cost-effectiveness of intrathecal baclofen therapy for the treatment of severe spasticity associated with cerebral palsy.J Child Neurol. 2007; 22: 49-59
- Cost-effectiveness of intrathecal baclofen Therapy in severe refractory non-focal disabling spasticity: a Spanish Hospital perspective.Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2017; 17: 67-76
- Evaluation of the cognitive benefits of intrathecal baclofen pump implantation in people with intractable multiple sclerosis related spasticity.Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2021; 50102831
- Oral baclofen and clonidine for treatment of spasticity in children.J Child Neurol. 2006; 21: 1090-1092
- Baclofen in the treatment of dystonia.Clin Neuropharmacol. 1992; 15: 276-288
- A new Elixhauser-based comorbidity summary measure to predict in-hospital mortality.Med Care. 2015; 53: 374-379
- Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
- A modification of the Elixhauser comorbidity measures into a point system for hospital death using administrative data.Med Care. 2009; 47: 626-633
- Bureau of Labor Statistics.(Accessed January 17, 2023.)
- Utility of intrathecal baclofen pump in primary lateral sclerosis.J Neurol Sci. 2021; 420117227
- Intrathecal baclofen for intractable spinal spasticity--a double-blind cross-over comparison with placebo in 6 patients.Can J Neurol Sci. 1992; 19: 188-195
- Intrathecal baclofen for severe spinal spasticity.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 1517-1521
- Intrathecal baclofen toxicity and deep coma in minutes.J Spinal Cord Med. 2006; 29: 237-239
- Abrupt withdrawal from intrathecal baclofen: recognition and management of a potentially life-threatening syndrome.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 83: 735-741
- Hyperthermia, rhabdomyolysis, and disseminated intravascular coagulation associated with baclofen pump catheter failure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998; 79: 353-356
- Problem-solving in patients with targeted drug delivery systems.Mo Med. 2017; 114: 52-56
- Best practices for intrathecal baclofen therapy: dosing and long-term management.Neuromodulation. 2016; 19: 623-631
- Best practices for intrathecal baclofen therapy: screening test.Neuromodulation. 2016; 19: 616-622
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Source(s) of financial support: This publication was made possible (in part) by Grant Number UL1TR002553 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and NIH Roadmap for Medical Research. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of NCATS or NIH.
Conflict of Interest: The authors reported no conflict of interest.